MARK VELDEVERE STUDIOS LESSON AGREEMENT
To develop an understanding of what I expect of those who wish to study with me, I have set up this agreement to outline specific policies I have in regard to my teaching program. By continuing lessons you indicate that you have read and agree to abide by the policies herein.
1. I understand that I am reserving the instructor’s time and will pay for that time on a monthly basis. I do not give weekly lessons and lessons must be paid on a monthly basis at the first lesson of each month.
2. If I need to cancel a lesson, I am expected to call the instructor at least 24 hours before the lesson. If I cannot make a lesson it is up to me to arrange a makeup lesson and must do so before the end of the month. Make-ups will not be carried over from month to month. If I need to cancel a lesson I will call the instructor at work where there is caller ID and an answering machine at all times. I realize that I must leave a message on the answering machine. If I do not call at least 24 hours in advance, except for sudden illness, I acknowledge that I am required to pay for that lesson. If the instructor has to miss a lesson I understand that my next months lessons will be prorated the necessary amount! I understand that I am paying for the instructor’s time and have reserved/scheduled this time slot on a weekly basis! If I need to take time off for a long period of time (i.e. a month) I understand that I must pay for that time, even though I am not attending the lessons, in order to keep that time slot otherwise it may be given to another student.
3. Payment (of $85) is due on the first lesson of each month. I understand that if I fail to pay for lessons I can and/or will be billed for the amount due. I agree to pay a $5.00 late charge each week after the tenth of the month if it is late. Cash, and credit cards are accepted as a payment as are checks, but if a check does not clear the bank I recognize that I am responsible to pay the bank fee to the instructor and make arrangements for payments in the future!
4. If I choose to discontinue my lessons I will:
a. Finish the current month of lessons, unless other arrangements have been agreed upon by the instructor and I. There will be no refund of money!!
b. Notify the instructor (via personal phone call or in person) at least one week before my next month’s lessons. This enables the instructor to place new students in the time slot I vacate. Otherwise I understand that I have reserved the instructor’s time and that I am responsible for the payment of that time.
c. Failure to pay for current months lessons, and/or notify instructor of discontinuance, as per above, I understand that I will be billed a weekly balance until notification to instructor has occurred…after all I am still there waiting for you!
5. I understand that it is up to me to practice on a daily basis for approximately ½+ hour every day at least. Failure to do so results in a failure to improve. The more you practice the better you will become and the more fun you will have! I understand that if I do not practice that I can be dropped any time as a student. This will save my parents and I a lot of money and the instructor’s time.
6. I understand I am to be on time. I have reserved 30 minutes of time (5 minutes of that is for getting ready for the lesson and for packing up after the lesson). If I am late ten minutes the instructor will ascertain that you are not coming and will count it as a missed lesson…and go get a burger!
7. I understand there are times when the instructor will lend me materials for which I am responsible. I understand that if I lose them or damage them that I will be required to replace them at full market value. I also understand that if I stop taking lessons that I must return all borrowed materials to the instructor or pay for them (what it would cost to replace them)! I understand that I will be billed for all unreturned materials!
8. On January 1st of each year the cost of lessons will increase five dollars to accommodate the increase in cost due to the rising prices of studio rent, etc!
9. If you have any questions you are welcome to call me anytime at on my cell phone or at work. My phone numbers are as follows: Work-947-9072; Cell-635-6588.